Monday, January 4, 2010

2010, year of the shapeshifter?

Twenty-Ten, Two thousand and ten, whichever you prefer, its a new year, a new decade even (with the big question supposedly on everyone's mind being "what do we name the new decade?" How about we don't name it because it's not important?). Anyway as is normal with new years, I've got a bunch of new years resolutions that I'd like to seriously complete by the end of the year (most of them at least).

These are:
- Get into the habit of regular excersize
- Develop healthy eating habits
- Get laid
- Break into the 3D industry, either holding down a stable job or doing lots of little freelance jobs
- Get back into playing an instrument (a new or old one)
- Move out of home
- Maintain a "normal" sleep pattern
- Obtain my car and/or motorbike license(s)

The way I've seen it in the past, most people make new years resolutions, try to stick to them for a few days, then forget about them and go back to old habits. However I am serious about all of those. Getting regular excersize, eating healthy, and sleeping properly will make me a healthier person, and I would love to feel healthier. Breaking into the 3D industry has basically been my goal since early high school so I've been working towards this for a little while, with the biggest part of that being my current 3D course I'm in which will be ending soon. Once I have a steady income I can look at moving out of home and getting myself a car or motorbike of my own, which may motivate me more to get my license. Playing an instrument is just something I want to do and getting laid... well that speaks for itself really.

The net result of all of this should ultimately be a positive. The most likely positive that I can see from all this will be that I am ultimately taking control of my life. I'll be buying my own things, making an active contribution to society, taking care of my own living environment, and I'll have the power to call the shots when it comes to my affairs. Right now I have a level of dependency upon my parents when it comes to my living situation and my friends for transport to and from events I can't get to with public transport. It makes being social that much harder than it already is for someone who is prone to being shy when out and about.

So perhaps the net gain of my net gain will be that I end up being in a position to be more social, inevitably becoming more sociable? I would like it if that happened. I would essentially be saying goodbye to my old self, embracing a new age in my life. Out with the introversion, in with the extroversion? I do fear that I might lose a bit of myself if I end up going out partying a lot or find myself too enveloped in my work life. Part of me is comfortable with just staying somewhat shy and It wouldn't bother me to stay like that forever, but maybe its time for some change.

We'll see how I go, I'm going to use this blog to help me keep track of my resolutions so I can seriously keep track of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment