Monday, January 11, 2010

NYE Resolutions - Update1

The main resolution I've been working on is my resolution to eat healthier. Why today, I took an apple with me to college, ate special K in the morning (which is supposed to be good for you), and resisted the urge to buy a supa-shake, instead having a "5+2" which is one of those supposedly super healthy fruit+vegetable drinks, which to my surprise tasted quite good. cap that with chicken and pasta for dinner and that's not bad for one day. I've been doing the apple thing every college day I've gone so far and I'll continue to do it as it'll probably make me feel good eating it.

I also tried to go down to my local fitness center and check out the Karate club that operates there but to my dismay they weren't there for the usual sessions, so they're probably out on holiday break until February when school goes back in session for the junior karate classes to operate. And I'd been putting that off for so long, only to end up getting no-where, oh well. I did learn that they do mens soccer and basketball team games every Wednesday night so I might check that out.

My sleeping pattern is probably the thing I'm having the most trouble getting organised at the moment. As I type this it is 1:30 am where I am and I need to be up at 8:30 for college, and that can't be healthy to do many times in a row. I dunno if I just need to pull myself together and realise when to turn the computer off or what, because who knows how bad not getting enough sleep could be for me overall over a period of time.

As far as breaking into the 3D industry goes, I've basically finished my first bit of volunteer work and hopefully that sees some coverage, I need to push ahead with my current assessment though and get the stuff that needs to be done, done, so that my group can move forward in the production line from the setup phase to the actual animation phase, else we're gonna fall REALLY behind.

I've been thinking about the whole instrument thing too, and for some reason brass instruments seem to keep coming to mind. I do like jazz music which is the thing I associate trumpets and saxophones with the most, so maybe it wouldn't be necessarily bad if I learnt a saxophone perhaps, but I'd need to seek tutoring or some self-tutor books on the instrument (as well as obtaining the money for such an instrument). I don't think I'll ever get around to fixing my guitar, I just don't feel too interested anymore, partly because it seems like everyone's getting their guitar groove on these days. It's the generic band instrument, I'd like to do something less generic.

That's all the important stuff regarding my resolutions for now, proper blog post inc

No comments:

Post a Comment