Monday, January 11, 2010

Geek turned alcoholic?

So I've found this great bar in the city recently, placed in a very convenient location for me to get to since it's between the train station home and the college building I go to each day. It has a nice chill atmosphere, a (seemingly) good selection of different alcohols, and a nice upstairs area. The bar staff are really cool too, always nice and friendly to their customers.

I've been there 3 times now since last Wednesday, once every 2 days since I discovered it, and I have at least become acquainted with 6 of the bar staff there, including the owner of the bar who I had a brief chat to today as he asked me how my Martini was. They're all pretty cool people and I certainly feel comfortable going in there and having a drink and hope to continue doing so into the future...

...although my dad raised a concerned eyebrow at me today regarding just that. "You've been drinking a lot lately," were his words after I told him I had a Martini today. Sure I've been there 3 times in 6 days but I've had 1 drink each time and that's it. He tells me that I shouldn't drink from Monday to Thursday, only doing it on the weekend, but I don't see what the problem is. It's as though he doesn't trust me to be responsible with my alcohol but I believe I'm totally responsible, as each time I've had a drink there I've had at least 2 glasses of water to go with it to avert any drunken effects (I'm a lightweight drinker so I believe its necessary).

I am keeping an eye on my drinking habits though as I don't want to become a person that cannot live without a drink. I'm planning on going this Friday with a mate from college so that's the 4th day after my previous visit (today).

I should be fine, and probably more drink savvy after a while :D

No comments:

Post a Comment