Monday, April 19, 2010

NYE Resolutions update 2 (I think)

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is the second update, anyway, what's new with my resolutions eh? Let's think for a moment...

Eating Healthy - Haven't really been making an effort to, so no positives to be seen here, on the plus side I haven't been eating any worse than usual lol.

Excersize - Complete fail, indeed not long ago, I had a period where I didn't even see sunlight for 12 days ;D but my sunlight avoidance is over (was sort of a depressive state or something, I still can't figure out what was goin on).

Girls - Fail as usual, but it's not any worse again which is good lol.

Sleeping pattern - There are signs of improvement but then I just have 1 fail and I'm back to square 1. I had a few days in a row of getting to sleep at good hours and then BAM, 1 night where I slip up and go to bed at 2-3 am and I'm back to where I started, frustratingly trying to gradually change my body-clock back to a reasonable hour. However, tonight it's only 11:40pm as I type this so once I type this I'm getting off and seeing how I go considering last night I got 4 hours of sleep, falling asleep at this point should be no problem right?
In the words of my friend, 'Mileage may vary.' ;D

What else...

Instruments - I downloaded a bunch of trial versions of programs that are used to make songs that sound very much like they're out of retro video-games so I'll be giving those a whirl at some point. Other than that, no progress because I have no money to buy a Saxophone because I don't have a job.

Which brings me to my next point.

Breaking into the 3D industry - now this I've been trying to do more than the rest but I've been knocked back by quite a few companies now so no luck so far. I did meet with a bunch of Indie game developers where I live though which was cool as I got to learn about the industry, share a drink, hear some stories etc. I'm now doing some pre-alpha testing of a video-game for one of those guys and having some fun with it so maybe I could put that on my resume if I'm successful enough? It's not an epic huge blockbuster title but it still gives me the opportunity to do some QA testing which I've never done before.

While I'm working on getting into the 3D industry, I've started applying for part time jobs in retail. I quit my job at McDonald's about a month and a bit ago so I have had no money because of that but it wasn't worth it at McDonald's anyway. I'm currently trying to get a job in video game retail because I actually have the knowledge about video games to do it and I figure it could be more fun. Hopefully I start hearing the word Interview from a few phone calls soon, fingers crossed.

Car/Motorbike License - No progress to report at all. I will get onto this soon, It's just not at the top of my priority list right now.

Move out - Nope

I think that covers all that I had written down for my NYE resolutions. Something I'm adding to that not as a resolution but as a goal of mine, is to be practicing 3D for at least 1 hour per day, so that I can keep my skills sharp. Lately I've had multiple days where I don't even open up the 3D package so it is paramount that I do this to avoid simply losing myself to procrastination. I'm also gonna learn Python scripting language (I think the latest 2.# version, since the 3.# versions are test ones, I think, not sure, will check later).

So I haven't had much progress :S

BUT

My friend and his cousin have made a pact to do a few things by a certain amount of years time, akin to my resolutions but over many years instead of just 1. I talked to my friend and we figure that it'll be easier to keep on track with our goals and motivated if we help each other out as much as possible. He wants a number of the same goals as me, eg, eating healthy, being fit, improving financial situation etc, and then a few of his own, involving racing go-karts/Formula Fords and other things. So I believe we can help each other out, though the main motivation has to come from within, and I know that I truly want to improve myself by doing the above things.

After all, as courage wolf says, "Better to die of thirst, than drink from the cup of mediocrity." (Yes I love courage wolf, makes me feel good just reading them :D).

No comments:

Post a Comment